Self Employed (Sole Trader)

Being a sole trader or self employed means that you are not obliged to prepare formal accounts each year, however, up to date financial records must still be kept in order to show your income and expenditure for your accounting period. This information must then be included on your Tax Return to HMRC annually.


Depending on the nature of your business and the aspirations you may have, you may feel that having a formal set of accounts prepared each year will help you make the right decisions for your business and allow you to demonstrate how your business is performing to external parties such as your bank manager.


AW Accountancy & Bookkeeping operates a computerised service using the latest accountancy software to prepare your accounts. Whether you maintain your own bookkeeping records or have assigned us to provide that service for you already, we would be happy to prepare your accounts for you.

Our fixed fee sole trader package includes:


  • Sole trader annual accounts (Profit & Loss)
  • Fully completed self assessment tax return
  • Calculation of your tax position and suggestions on how to reduce your tax bill
  • Filing of tax return with HMRC
  • We will deal with HMRC on your behalf
  • Tax advice throughout the year


Additional Services you may require:


  • Bookkeeping
  • VAT
  • Payroll
  • CIS


We can also help if you need to complete tax returns from previous years and offer discounts if you have more than one year to complete.


To obtain a no obligation quote, simply complete your contact details here and we will be in contact to discuss your requirements. Alternatively complete the Quotation page and we will be in touch